Barb is a Developmental Educator and Life Coach for neurodivergent adults (autism, ADHD and dyslexia). She is a full member of the Developmental Educators Australia Inc. (DEAI), and a registered service provider with the NDIS for plan and agency managed participants. Barb has a Master of Autism (education) with focus on employment from the University of Wollongong, where she is also a tutor in this program and a research assistant in the area of self-determination and self-advocacy for adults on the autism spectrum.
As a Developmental Educator, Barb focuses on developing individualised learning strategies, tools and supports with positive outcomes for individuals across the lifespan. Barb embraces a collaborative approach by working with health and educational professionals, support staff, employers, employees, families and caregivers to develop their skills, knowledge and understanding of a person-centred approach in fostering positive support and enhancement of life outcomes. Barb has extensive experience in working with people on the autism spectrum, ADHD and dyslexia, especially with adults in creating pathways in attaining life goals in the areas of education, employment, health and interpersonal relationships.
Services Barb provides for neurodivergent adults (autism, ADHD and dyslexia) but not limited to:
- Sensory profiling
- Developing informative individual profiles
- Individualised support plans (person-centred approach)
- Goal and vision planning
- Facilitating self-determination and self-advocacy
- Establishing effective communication skills
- Cultivating positive interpersonal skills
- Transition Support – e.g. school to higher education, education to employment
- Developing independent living skills
- Enhancing Quality of Life (QoL) and community participation
- Environmental audits/assessments
- Positive Behaviour Support plans
- Assessments (Vineland 3)