Our Occupational Therapy Services
Occupational Therapy is an allied health profession that enables people to engage optimally in everyday activities.
At Minds & Hearts, our thoughtful and innovative Occupational Therapists—or OTs—offer an evidence-based practice and family-centred approach to treatment, assessment and education for individuals impacted by neurodiverse conditions.
Our OTs are caring and authentic. Each team member is experienced and professionally passionate about supporting individuals impacted by neurodiversity, their families, and communities, and create an environment where each person is understood, accepted and empowered for life.
Some useful questions to consider if you or your child requires Occupational Therapy:
• Struggles to pay attention and/or concentrate for extended periods of time?
• Presents as behind in some or all areas in comparison to their peers?
• Difficulty using pencils, eating utensils, manipulating buttons, zips or have difficulty with their handwriting?
• Appears clumsy or have difficulty with balancing, climbing, running or swinging?
• Fussy eater or have limited food choices?
• Finds self-care tasks such dressing, toileting, brushing teeth, washing or tying shoelaces difficult?
• Difficulty socialising with their peers?
• Show less interest in their peers and prefer to play alone?
• Present with behavioural challenges or have difficulty managing his/her emotions?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above questions, you may want to make an appointment with one of our OTs.