Minds & Hearts’ Occupational Therapists offer an evidence-based practice and family centred approach to treatment, assessment and education for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other neurodevelopmental conditions.
Does my child need Occupational Therapy?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the below questions, you may want to make an appointment with one of our Occupational Therapists:
● Does your child struggle to pay attention and or concentrate for extended periods of time?
● Does your child present as behind in some or all areas in comparison to their peers?
● Does your child have difficulty using pencils, eating utensils, manipulating buttons, zips or have difficulty with their handwriting?
● Does your child appear clumsy or have difficulty with balancing, climbing, running or swinging?
● Is your child a fussy eater or have limited food choices?
● Does your child find self-care tasks such dressing, toileting, brushing teeth, washing or tying shoelaces difficult?
● Does your child have difficulty socialising with his/her peers?
● Does your child show less interest in their peers and prefer to play alone?
● Does your child present with behavioural challenges or have difficulty managing his/her emotions?
How can we help?
Our therapists are highly experienced in treating a range of areas, including:
● fine motor difficulties
● gross motor difficulties
● feeding issues
● emotion and self-regulation
● building independence in daily living skills
● sensory issues
● social/play skills
Our services include assessment and intervention services for:
● Early intervention for children aged 2-5 years
● Early Primary School intervention
● Early Start Denver Model therapy (ESDM) for ages 18 months to 60 months – individual and group sessions
● Group therapy Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) feeding approach, social thinking, prep readiness, gross motor movement
● Telehealth services including parent coaching