FEES & REBATES
Please contact us at the clinic for information on our fee schedule.
Our cancellation policy is important to know, because it will keep your costs down.
Please note, that we need to receive at least 4 business days notice of non-attendance, otherwise a fee will be charged.
Cancellations within 4 business days will be charged 50% of their fee.
Clients who fail to attend will be charged full session fee.
Mental Health Care Plan
To obtain a Mental Health Care Plan you will need to visit your GP. A Mental Health Care Plan allows 10 individual therapy sessions (rebate between $84.50-$124.50) and 10 group sessions (rebate $20-$30) per calendar year. A review from your GP is required after 6 session, this will then allow you to use the next 4 sessions. For more information please visit this site:
Referral Letter from Paediatrician or Psychiatrist
A letter of referral from your Paediatrician or Psychiatrist will allow 10 individual therapy sessions (rebate between $84.50-$124.50). A review from your Specialist of the referral is required after 6 session, this will then allow you to use the next 4 sessions.
Helping Children with Autism (HCWA): Medicare Funded Items
To obtain a Helping Children with Autism Plan you will need to visit your paediatrician. The plan allows 20 allied health session until the age of 15 years old. For more information please visit this site:
Helping Children with Autism: Early Intervention Package
At Minds and Hearts eligible families may be able to use their funding towards:
- Individual therapy sessions with a psychologist
- Group therapy programs designed for 4 to 6 year old children
- The purchasing of approved equipment & resources (up to 35% in total) recommended by your psychologist
For further information about this initiative please contact one of the Autism Advisors at Autism Queensland on 1800 428 847 or 3273 0000, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the following website: www.fahcsia.gov.au/autism
National Disability Insurance Scheme
Minds and Hearts are not registered providers with NDIS. To use your funding with us you must be self-managed or Plan Managed. Please use this helpful information sheet for more information.
Minds & Hearts is not a registered provider with the NDIA and are therefore not regulated by its provider policies. However, the NDIA can approve the use of funds for clients accessing psychological services from Minds & Hearts if your plan is approved through a “Self-Managed” or “Registered Plan Provider” process. Please note that it is NOT possible to use your NDIS funds for psychological services at Minds & Hearts if you have an “Agency Managed” (NDIA) plan.
To use your NDIS funds to access our psychology services you must agree to our terms and conditions. Key points to consider:
- We require payment for the psychological consultation before or on the day of the appointment.
- Payment of fees is the responsibility of the client – the client must arrange their own reimbursement of funds with the NDIA or Registered Plan Provider after the psychological consultation is complete.
- Depending on the maximum amount determined by your NDIS Plan for psychology appointments, there may be an out of pocket expense that is the responsibility of the client to pay.
- If the Registered Plan Provider has not paid the amount owing prior to, or on the day of the appointment, the outstanding amount will be invoiced to the client for payment, not the Registered Plan Provider.
Please check with your private health provider if you have cover for psychology.