Psychologist (Clinical Registrar)
BPsych (Hons), MClinPsych, MAPS
Sarah is a registered Psychologist and has completed her Master of Clinical Psychology at Griffith University in Brisbane.
Sarah has an enthusiasm and advocacy in supporting children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC), and their families. Her friendly and considered approach is guided by evidence-based assessment and therapeutic intervention. Sarah encourages collaboration with her clients in assessing concerns and planning for realistic treatment goals to promote wellbeing and clarify her clients’ understanding of their unique strengths and abilities throughout development.
Sarah also brings together clinical and research interest in collaboration with Prof. Tony Attwood and Dr Michelle Garnett as the lead researcher in the statistical investigation of the Questionnaire for Autism Spectrum Conditions (Q-ASC), a screening tool designed to identify behaviours and abilities sensitive to a female presentation for children with Autism Spectrum Conditions.
Sarah is a registered member of the Psychology Board of Australia and is a Member of the Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth (ARACY), International Society for Autism Research (INSAR), and Australian Psychological Society (APS).
Sarah can assist with:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Social skills development
- Anxiety-related conditions
- Depression and related concerns
- Helping with challenging behaviours
- Obsessive-Compulsive behaviours
- Sleep problems
- Coping and problem-solving strategies
- Supporting families and siblings
- School and Interdisciplinary team approaches
- Psychometric, neuropsychological/cognitive, diagnostic (ADOS-2) assessments
Clients: Children, Adolescents, and Young Adults aged 5-25 years
Clinic Day: Friday