Our Psychology Services
The primary format for clinical psychology services are provided as individual therapy.
Therapy options, their need and suitability as well as a treatment plan, are discussed during an initial appointment.
At Minds & Hearts, each member of our authentic and nurturing team of clinical psychologists is specifically trained and experienced in the area of neurodiversity.
Following an initial appointment, our psychologists may make a recommendation for private psychology services for an individual. These services are also referred to as ongoing therapy.
Ongoing therapy sessions are generally 55-minutes in length and occur on a regular basis on the same day and at the same time.
Ongoing therapy is provided for support, and to assist with exploring and resolving problems, including:
• Emotional problems including anxiety, anger, aggression and depression
• Attention Deficit Disorder
• Behavioural problems
• Eating problems
• Grief and bereavement
• Couples and families experiencing problems
• School problems including school phobia, behavioural problems, and bullying and teasing
• School communication problems
• Unemployment and workplace problems
• Social skill development and friendship skills
• Sexual problems and sex education
Group therapy – often known simply as Groups – involves one or more of our psychologists working with a number of individuals at the same time.
At Minds & Hearts, we run a variety of Groups throughout the year, catering for different needs and demographics.
Information on our upcoming Groups is available via our semi-regular email update -you can subscribe at Keep in Touch – or by connecting with our friendly support staff today.